Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dishwashing detergent

Is it just me or is it totally frustrating when the soap doesn't dissolve in the dishwasher? I bought a box of powder--I've been using liquid ever since we've had our mini dishwasher. And all it did was cake. It seemed like it was all still in the container when the load was done. But, I hated to dump the box out. So, I've started to pour some in a small dish, dissolve it in water and then pour it into the cup in the dishwasher. It seems to be working and thank goodness I won't have to do it forever! Just until the box is empty...and it happens to be a big box...

2 comments:

becky.onelittle said...

I use powder always, but I don't usually have that problem- only when I cram it so full that the pop door won't open! My detergent story is that I unexpectedly ran out today! HOW can that be? My children have been doing dishes! Anyway, I made my own out of borax and washing soda- it left the dishes and the dish washer sparkly!

Anne said...

I'm sure it worked great! I'm so glad you don't have any problems with it. I think part of it is that our dishwasher is a 2/3 size--it was all that would fit in our kitchen.--but I'm very thankful for it since our house didn't come with one. =)