Sunday, August 9, 2009

So many things...

So many things have been running through my head that I've wanted to write down. I don't even know where to start. My husband and I have learned over the years that it's not the best choice to purchase the cheapest of an item or the most expensive, but rather the one in the middle.

I hope that will be the case with the motorcycle he bought on Saturday. He had a Harley and then traded it for a BMW and then sold that and let things lie for a few months. On Saturday, he bought a Honda. It's in the middle of the other two in a lot of ways. It doesn't have the name of either of the other two--the bragging rights, so to speak. It isn't a cruiser or a touring bike, but rather a standard.

I think one of the hardest things that I've observed about buying motorcycles is that motorcycle dealers can be just like car dealers--out for their best interest rather than yours--and not really interested in staying in your price range and selling you what's best for you. That always leaves such a bad taste in my mouth--not matter what it is that I'm buying--when a salesperson is like that.

I hope this bike will be the keeper--the one that will fit the bill. =)