Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Good to stay home

I realize at the end of several days of spending a lot of time at home, that it's just good to do it =) I tried to spend more time with the kids this morning and tonight we had a popcorn picnic after dinner.

I have decided that I'm going to try and attend a nearby (20 min. away) homeschool co-op group that plans field trips and activities. I was debating about weather to join a Christian or a secular one. But, a gal called me tonight and I think that I am going to go visit the Christian one next Wednesday. There are a lot of things that I don't want my kids to miss out on by being homeschooled and I think this will help. I am very excited!

I also realize that it's really good for me to be around other moms who enjoy their kids--I think I take mine too seriously and I miss out on a lot of fun with them and a lot of neat things that they would like to tell me because I think I'm too busy to listen and be with them in the moment.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's a good insight. I know I often get caught up in all the things I "need to do" and my children end up getting no attention from me all day. Tired + guilty = a very volatile situation. Enjoying the gift of our children is a struggle.