Sunday, September 20, 2009

Humble Pie

God has a way of humbling us greatly with our children, I think. A few weeks ago, we had a family over to eat and I was surprised when the little girl went into my refrigerator and took out a drink without asking her mom or me or anyone. I definitely was taken by surprise.

But, then last night, my little Eli proceeded to take the fruit off the cheesecake on the table and then mash a piece to bits with one of the forks in front of my very own eyes and make a mess. And I didn't entirely stop him =( I tried to control it and I asked if it was okay before he started taking the strawberries--I realized that he wanted them. But, I did not realize how much damage he would do!

God definitely has a way of keeping me humble with my kids =) I think He puts us in other's shoes when to help us understand those shoes when we don't.

No comments: