Friday, September 4, 2009

Two Types of People

Race Horses and Plow Horses.

I've always thought of myself as a racehorse. I push, push, push till the race is done. And then I stop.

Plow Horses go at a slower pace, but they keep going till the job is done. They rest for less time, perhaps.

But, then am I a race horse or the energizer bunny--there are times when I keep going, going, going... ?

This morning was just one of those Energizer Bunny/Race Horse type of mornings. I got up late at 6:30 am because we went to bed late. I let Molly outside. Then, I started in on the dishes and getting my husband's lunch ready and the coffee. Then I wanted to bake the hashbrowns from the freezer. Ah, that was the glitch! I couldn't open the freezer, the condensation was so bad that once I finally got it opened, I couldn't close the freezer portion or the fridget door. So, I had to get the kids their breakfast (while Eli and Autumn have colds and Eli's nose is running), finish up the coffee, vacuum upstairs and get ready to mop (my chore for Friday mornings), put water on the stove and the microwave to help defrost the 30 year old mini fridge's freezer compartment. I think I started at about 6:30 am and finished up with the freezer and mopping at 9:30 a.m. Then I finally sat down and drank my coffee, but Eli saw my hashbrown and wanted one too. So, I got him a cooked one that cold so that it wouldn't burn his fingers. Then, I remembered that I'm supposed to waterproof the deck. I let Molly in and put her in the crate so her feet could dry off and not get the clean floor all dirty. Then, I moved the chairs off the deck and contemplated the sky just for a minute. I went back inside, got Eli and we are now downstairs homeschooling.

I am really glad I load up the front of the week, because by Friday, I'm tired and we don't have a lot we have to do! Yay!

Isn't life busy, sometimes? =)

2 comments:

Kim said...

It's been that kind of week around here too. I think I am more worn out with Abby in school than I was with both girls home all summer!

Anne said...

I've heard it can be busy getting kids to and from school =)